A Mindful Approach to Mental Health
A mindful person pays attention in a particular, non-judgemental way to what is happening in the present moment. This may seem like a relatively simple concept, but mindfulness is a skill that takes time and energy to develop. We offer mindfulness workshops in some of our mental health treatment programs on our Canton, OH campus. A mindful person is aware of (but not consumed by) the people and events around them. Mindfulness is especially relevant to us at Sunrise Vista because it has been proven to help those in recovery from mental illness.
Features of Our Mental Health Programs
A mindful approach can also help people improve their relationships with others. We provide these various therapy programs to ensure you can make a healthy transition after completion of an inpatient treatment program. Our clinicians and therapists have experience helping people overcome the conditions that are holding them back. Some of the services we offer include:
- Safety and stabilization – We are proud to offer a newly-built inpatient psychiatric hospital setting to help maintain your safety and start your path to recovery. Our mental health treatment programs have been proven to have a profound impact on a broad range of behavioral health and co-occurring illness needs for our adolescent, adult, and senior populations.
- Nursing care and assessment – Registered nurses are available 24/7 to provide support, education, and structure. Our clinicians monitor medication, provide emotional support, and supervise treatment programs.
- Psychiatric assessment – Psychiatric assessment will be provided by our licensed psychiatric providers who specialize in understanding the emotional, functional, and medical needs of our clients.
- Therapeutic alliance – You will be assigned a primary therapist who will formulate your individualized treatment and community reintegration plan. Research has shown that a healthy, trusting relationship with a therapist can dramatically improve the potential for long-term recovery.
- Medical assessment – Our medical providers will identify any additional medical complexities that need to be addressed during your treatment. Ongoing medical needs will be incorporated into your treatment plan.
- Treatment plan – Members of our interdisciplinary team will work together with patients individually and in treatment teams to help you establish both short- and long-term goals that support your behavioral health needs.
Sunrise Vista Mental Health Programs
Our mental health programs treat a wide range of psychological disorders at our Canton, Ohio treatment center.
- Anger management issues
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Childhood trauma
- Clinical depression
- Depression treatment
- Dissociative disorders
- Impulse disorders
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Postpartum depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Sleep disorders
- Social anxiety
- Substance abuse
If you feel trapped by mental health issues, asking for help is the last thing you want to do. But it’s the first step in recovery. Most psychological conditions don’t appear overnight; treating these conditions effectively takes time, resources, and the right therapists. Your mind and body deserve a chance to heal. These are some examples of the mental health treatment programs we offer at our Canton, Ohio campus:
Mental Health Treatment Programs
- Adolescent inpatient psychiatric program (ages 13-17)
- Adult inpatient psychiatric program
- Geriatric psychiatry and memory care
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
Get Help Today
Sunrise Vista is LGBTQ-friendly and welcomes individuals from all backgrounds. We also offer supplemental programs including life skills training, 12-Step workshops, and yoga therapy. If you are looking for a mental health treatment program in Canton, OH, we have the resources available to help you stay in control of your life. Contact us today 844-942-3007