It can be hard to seek help under the simplest conditions, but when you are struggling with disordered behaviors, or extreme feelings, asking for help can seem like an insurmountable task. With Sunrise Vista’s adult inpatient psychiatry program in Ohio, it does not have to be difficult to find the right local psychiatrist and subsequent therapies for your psychiatric care needs. Call 844-942-3007 to speak to a professional.
What Is the Difference Between a Psychiatrist and Psychologist?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who can diagnose conditions and help you manage your symptoms through prescribed treatments and monitored medications. A psychiatrist can also refer you to appropriate psychologists and counselors. Psychologists and counselors assist with personality development and cognitive-behavioral therapies, often incorporating the recommendations of a medical psychiatrist. With inpatient psychiatry, these different caregiver approaches can ultimately work together to form a team that supports you and your treatment.
Is Inpatient Psychiatric Care Right for You?
There are many factors to consider when researching care physicians, and finding the right psychiatrist is no different. One place you can start is by checking your local community clinic for an inpatient psychiatric hospital in your area. If you are located in Ohio, consider contacting the team at Sunrise Vista, as they can provide you with an experienced psychiatric team, their inpatient treatment center, and more options for your continued road to wellness.
You can always seek a referral from a trusted primary care physician. However, Sunrise Vista can take some of the guesswork out of what can become a complicated research process. This is certainly a more precise way of verifying prospective psychiatrists’ credentials than an internet search for “psychiatrist near me in Ohio.” Consider the experience of the caregiver in your decision, as well. These are some specifics you may want to look for:
- Is the psychiatrist you have found board-certified?
- Have you scanned any patient reviews? If patient reviews are available, this can help to gauge if the office setting and staff will be a good fit for your treatment concerns.
- What does your insurance cover? Is there an out-of-network payment option available? If you’re uninsured, have you contacted your local National Alliance on Mental Health representative to find affordable healthcare in your area? Don’t let price stand in the way of your best wellness.
Finding an Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital
It is also important to ask if the psychiatrist or facility has experience with specific treatments or procedures that may work for your condition. Some of these conditions or treatments may include:
- Bipolar treatment
- Crisis stabilization
- Treatment for depression, personality disorders, anxiety, schizophrenia, or mood disorders
- Dual diagnosis assessment, diagnosis, and treatment options for those suffering from mental health issues as well as chemical dependency
- Geriatric and memory care program
Should you find a psychiatrist who meets your psychiatric care needs, remember that it is possible to arrange a consult session with many caregivers or facilities, as there are still a few factors to consider for long-term care:
- Communication style
- Factors like persona, gender, or availability
- Telehealth capabilities
- Level of necessity
Prioritize yourself in this process so that you can find a good match with your needs in mind. You will be working together toward your wellness, so your comfort level is of the utmost importance.
Offering the Best in Inpatient Psychiatry
Receive compassionate, research-centered care with Sunrise Vista’s mental health programs. Our treatments include evidenced-based therapy, medication management, coping skills, and aftercare options. Because our inpatient program is among the leaders in care in Ohio, you will find our comprehensive team has the experience to help you move toward the maintenance of your new individualized treatment. Contact us at 844-942-3007.