Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) at Sunrise Vista is a daytime mental health treatment program for adults who are in need of structured, compassionate psychological and psychiatric support beyond what they would get in a Canton psychiatrist or psychologist’s office. Patients who have recently completed an inpatient psychiatric program often find that our partial hospitalization program can serve as a stepping stone back to the realities of everyday life while still providing the following:
- Full-day curriculum
- Individual therapy
- Small group therapy
- Life skills assistance
- Trauma therapy
- Recreational activities
- Medication management
- Meals and nutritional counseling
After attending a day of treatment, patients in our partial hospitalization program return home in the evenings. Our staff takes a respectful, compassionate, research-based approach to treating mental health concerns; we believe that needing help managing responsibilities, emotions, and medications can happen to anyone. Helping people get back on their feet and on with their lives is our top priority. We accept patients who have completed one of our inpatient psychiatric programs along with patients who have been referred by another Canton behavioral health center. Contact Sunrise Vista today by calling 844-942-3007 to learn more.
What Happens in a PHP?
During your outpatient treatment at Sunrise Vista’s PHP in Canton, OH, our dedicated clinicians will introduce you to evidence-based and holistic therapies to help with stress management, life skills, and conflict resolution. Another essential component of the program is cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), which allows patients to identify and change negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors in response to external stimuli, past trauma, and internal conflicts. Our PHP is geared toward adult and geriatric patients who are stepping down from inpatient care and require treatment that can help them prevent the need for hospitalization.
Stability Starts at Sunrise Vista
Learning how to cope with negative feelings like depression, anxiety, isolation, and anger is another central component of our partial hospitalization program. Finding new approaches to boost new thinking and behavior patterns is at the heart of this effective treatment method. Identifying triggers is another way to support your recovery. Although it’s impossible to avoid every trigger, learning how to approach them is one of the essential strategies we teach at Sunrise Vista.
FEATURES OF A PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION PROGRAM
- Stabilization & safety: We are proud to offer a modern, up-to-date inpatient care setting to help maintain your safety and help you on the path to mental wellness. Our mental health therapy programs have been proven to profoundly impact a broad range of behavioral health issues and mental illness disorders.
- Psychiatric assessment: Psychiatric assessment will be provided by our licensed clinicians. They specialize in compassionate care and work tirelessly to address our clients’ emotional, functional, and medication needs.
- Therapeutic alliance: You will be assigned to a primary therapist who will craft your individualized treatment and community reintegration plan. Research has shown that a trusting and healthy relationship with a therapist can dramatically improve the potential for long-term mental health recovery.
- Medical assessment: Our medical providers will identify outstanding medical complexities that need to be addressed before and during your treatment. Ongoing medical needs will be addressed throughout your treatment.
- Treatment plan: Members of our interdisciplinary treatment team will work together with patients individually and in treatment groups to help patients establish short- and long-term goals to support behavioral health needs.
COMPASSIONATE BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE
Addressing mental health and medication concerns can allow people to improve their relationships with family, friends, and peers. One of the goals in our partial hospitalization program is to encourage communication and relationship skills. The various therapy options we offer are proven to help people return to living a full life. Our clinicians and therapists have experience helping people overcome the conditions that are holding them back.
An outpatient treatment center offers you the perspective of fusing your real life with your life in recovery with the full support of our care professionals. This means your wellness is rooted in the reality of your life. You can make a more convenient plan for taking time for yourself. With an intensive outpatient treatment program, you have the flexibility to work or care for your loved ones while you navigate recovery.
PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION FOR MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
Sunrise Vista offers more than a traditional behavioral health center. Our mental health therapy options address a wide range of psychological disorders. We take pride in helping people lead healthier, more connected lives.
- Dual-diagnosis treatment
- Panic disorder
- Anger management issues
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Childhood trauma
- Clinical depression
- Dissociative disorders
- Opioid dependency
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Sleep disorders
- Social anxiety
If you feel trapped by mental health issues, asking for help is the last thing you want to do. But it’s often the first step toward lasting recovery. Most psychological conditions don’t appear overnight; treating these conditions takes time, resources, and the right therapists. Your mind and body deserve a chance to heal.